Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Relaxing Therapy at Angsana Spa

By Samantha Chow Jia Ern, Updated: 8/25/2009

MSN Malaysia Life & Style brings you to Angsana Spa, Kuala Lumpur for a deserving break from the hustle and bustle of the busy city life. Life & Style writer Samantha Chow Jia Ern was recently invited to enjoy a relaxing spa treatment at Angsana Spa for a de-stressing session of their signature treatment – the Raja Rainmist.





Located in the centre of Kuala Lumpur, Angsana Spa is an international award winning spa, having most recently won the platinum award for the “Best Spa” category in the Middle East & North Africa Travel Awards 2009. Angsana Spa has branches all over the world including exotic locations like Chiang Mai, Egypt, Morocco, Cape Town and Mauritius. The entire fifth floor of the Crowne Plaza Mutiara Hotel (which used to be KL Hilton) is host to Angsana Spa KL. MSN Life & Style writer Samantha Chow took note of the established spa's accolades and tested it out for herself!

I was ushered by Mugi, my masseuse for the day, into a private room where I was given a relaxing foot rub. This was really effective in loosening up my tense and tired feet, having drove and walked around KL the whole day. I also took the time to look around – the dim lit room, soft music and burning jasmine incense automatically made me sleepy and ready for some rest time. But first, some detoxification!

I was transferred to the sauna and steam room. I had to lay on a bed and wait for warm steam to fill the room. It was neither too hot nor stuffy, but worked well to moisturise my dry skin.

After 10 minutes, the body polishing treatment began, and the fragrant jasmine and frangipani concoction was used as a scrub for my entire body. For a first timer, the scrub was tolerable and quite fun, if not for the scrub hurting my left foot where there was an insect bite. If you have a scar or sensitive area, it is best to warn your therapist forehand.

After the scrub, the real reason for this treatment being called the Rainmist was revealed to me right there and then. Using a contraption of several bath shower heads, clear water relentlessly poured out for 10 minutes to clean away the remnants of the scrub.

Having been thoroughly scrubbed clean and moisturised, I was then brought back to the massage room for the final treatment that I have been waiting for. I opted for the Asli massage which is a traditional rub that releases tension from your shoulder, spine area, neck and lower back using medium to strong thumb and palm pressure. I almost dozed off during the hour-long massage, especially with the soothing soft music in the background and the slightly tangy scent of an orange-based potpourri.

After the massage, I was treated to a final de-tox with fresh slices of watermelon and herbal tangerine drink. I left the spa slightly drowsy but definitely relaxed enough to take on the rest of the week.

Angsana Spa KL offers spa treatments for both males and females such as Rainmist Beauty, Jamu Lore and Java Jive. There are also manicure and pedicure treatments as well as facials available. The prices for a spa package range from RM210 to RM430.

Angsana Spa Kuala Lumpur is located at Level 5, Crowne Plaza Mutiara Kuala Lumpur, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Call 03 2141 4321 to book your appointment or e-mail spa-kualalumpur@angsana.com . Opening hours are from 10am to 10pm.

This article is reproduced from here: http://lifestyle.malaysia.msn.com/Wellbeing/Pamper/article.aspx?cp-documentid=3547937

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email so that I can get back to you.